Started in 1932 and completed in 1936 under the regime of Benito Mussolini, this municipal administration building was originally constructed with a primary view of functioning as an elegant »set piece« for mass Fascist rallies. Conceptualized as a classical palazzo centred on a glass atrium, it was frescoed with abstract paintings (since destroyed) by the artist Mario Radice and the original project boasted an innovative changing facade illumination. It is cited as a regional manifestation of the International Style of architecture.
The building currently houses the local headquarters of the Guardia di Finanza police force.
GIS coordinates: 45.812363°, 9.086022°